‘The Collectors’ exhibition opens
Dubai, July 20, 2008
The Collectors, a DSS 2008 Signature event and a platform for collectors to display rare and unique artifacts, is now open.
A total of 14 local, regional, and international collectors are taking part in the exhibition that runs till July 22.
“The collections displayed here represent not just hobbies of individuals but also carry with them traditions and history,' said Mohammed Al Murr, deputy president of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority.
'Events like The Collectors are ideal for the exchange of cultures and ideas and these are essential elements of our wider initiatives for understanding people around us and for other cultures to understand us,” he added.
“The Collectors has undergone a drastic change in terms of the quality of displays and include collections that have set world records in their respective categories,' said an official.
The displays for this year include the world’s largest collection of snow globes, licence plates, rosary beads, bookmarks, antique cameras, brand collectibles, apart from paintings and photographs of Dubai’s Royal Family.
The exhibition is open from 10 am to 10 pm.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers