Arab Media Humanitarian Award announced
Dubai, July 23, 2008
Unicef has launched the first Arab Media Humanitarian Forum Award, in association with the Dubai Press Club and Al Bayan newspaper.
This award aims to motivate journalists and adolescents to highlight their concerns and contribute to finding adequate solutions.
The first edition of the prize will include four categories: television, radio, written press and online media as well as materials produced by adolescents. It will reward the best coverage of adolescent themes in the region and awards will be given to four winners per category.
The award is open to all materials in Arabic, published or broadcast between January 1 and October 15 2008.
“Children and adolescent represent the biggest chunk of our region, and the Arab media play a major role in tackling their issues. We urge all journalists and adolescents to participate actively in all categories of the award,” said Abdel-Rahman Ghandour, regional chief of communication, Unicef Mena region.
Winners will be announced at the fourth Arab media humanitarian forum next November, according to an official.
The Arab Media Humanitarian Award will become a yearly award with a different theme and topic to be announced at the start of each edition, he added.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey