Basement gallery to showcase 17 artists
Dubai, August 20, 2008
The Basement gallery will showcase the artworks of 17 international artists during Ramadan.
The Uncovered exhibition will run from August 25 to September 25. With half of the exhibiting artists under 30, the emphasis is also on promoting young and emerging artists, said a statement.
“The exhibition will be an open conversation among diverse minds where brave new ideas and thoughts will meet and share one common space,” said Baharak Raoufi, one of the founders of the Basement gallery.
“Since our opening in June 2008, we have focused on legends of art. However, as Ramadan is a time for reflection, we wanted to put the spotlight on artists who are less publicized, but still creating great works,” added Narges Hamzianpour.
Featuring a diverse range of artists from all over the world, including Cuban photographer Piero Diaz, Uncovered offers a different perspective on art.
“Art is found everywhere and in everyone if we just change a little perspective. Celebrating this idea, Uncovered extends this exhibition to all new ‘perspectives’,” Baharak added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract