Sahara Centre plans noble event for Ramadan
Sharjah, August 27, 2008
Sahara Centre said it will host various activities, including a chance to win a Hummer H2 SUT, as part of its Ramadan promotion from the first week of September.
Sahara Centre's 'Spreading the light of happiness' event marks the beginning of a noble initiative during the Holy Month.
The event includes identifying about 30 to 40 wishes from needy children, enclosed in an envelope and placed in the promotion area, on the 1st level in the mall.
On picking up an envelope and fulfilling the wish, every customer will be given a lit lantern that will be later mounted on a crescent shaped board placed near the donation area.
With each progressing night, a new lit lantern will brighten up the mall, spreading the light of happiness during the Holy Month. Each participant will get a coupon and the chance to enter the draw and win a Hummer H2 Sport Utility Truck.
Sahara Centre has also re-organised the Ramadan Charity Auction this year. Three cars - Optra, Aveo and Epica - will be auctioned in the mall.
To further build the excitement and festivity, a Hummer H2 SUT is also up for grabs for a raffle draw. Customers spending Dh200 ($54) at any outlet in the Centre are entitled to enter the raffle.
Jean Pierre Nammour, managing director of Sahara Centre, said: "Ramadan is a month of sharing and giving. We at Sahara Centre always ensure that these thoughts reflect in all the promotions that we organise. Like always, this year we are embarking on 'Spreading the light of happiness' campaign by way of helping children who are less fortunate than us. Through this campaign we are moving a step forward in restating our commitment to the society." - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting