Noor Dubai airs Abou Jaafer Al Mansour
Dubai, September 1, 2008
Noor Dubai, the newly-launched UAE community television station, is showing the acclaimed epic series Abou Jaafar Al Mansour, starring Syrian actor Abbas al Nouri, for this Ramadan.
The series features the Abbasid Dynasty of the seventh century, following the trail of one of the most respected and feared caliphs as he establishes Baghdad and fights against the many threats to his throne.
“Noor Dubai’s programming ethos is deeply rooted in the framework of Islam, and reflects the traditions and history of the larger Arab world. Abou Jaafar Al Mansour will give viewers a rich insight into their heritage during the Holy Month,” said Nahla Al Fahed, head of RTV Projects at Arabian Television Network.
The series stars a number of Syrian and Jordanian actors, such as Hani Al Romani, Yasir Al-Masri, Abir Issa, and Nabil Al Mashini.
The series was shot in Jordan, Lebanon and Kazakhstan under the helm of director Shawqi Al-Majeri.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn