Bahrain to spend $742m on solid waste project
Manama, September 8, 2008
Bahrain has allocated BD280 million ($742.6 million) for a domestic solid waste management project.
Under the 20-year scheme, BD14 million will be allocated annually as part of efforts to deal with solid domestic waste efficiently, using hi-tech equipment in line with global norms.
Municipalities and Agriculture Ministry was instructed by the Cabinet to conduct a feasibility study featuring alternatives to boost municipal resources. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals