Bahrain to spend $742m on solid waste project
Manama, September 8, 2008
Bahrain has allocated BD280 million ($742.6 million) for a domestic solid waste management project.
Under the 20-year scheme, BD14 million will be allocated annually as part of efforts to deal with solid domestic waste efficiently, using hi-tech equipment in line with global norms.
Municipalities and Agriculture Ministry was instructed by the Cabinet to conduct a feasibility study featuring alternatives to boost municipal resources. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced