US confirms plan to sell THAAD to UAE
Washington, September 10, 2008
The Pentagon has confirmed that it has proposed the sale of an advanced US missile defense system valued at up to $7 billion to the UAE.
A statement, dated Sept. 9, released on the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency website on Wednesday, revealed details of the proposal.
The so-called Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, or THAAD, which is built by Lockheed Martin Corp with a system radar from Raytheon Co, could be used for possible defense against Iran. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show