US confirms plan to sell THAAD to UAE
Washington, September 10, 2008
The Pentagon has confirmed that it has proposed the sale of an advanced US missile defense system valued at up to $7 billion to the UAE.
A statement, dated Sept. 9, released on the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency website on Wednesday, revealed details of the proposal.
The so-called Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, or THAAD, which is built by Lockheed Martin Corp with a system radar from Raytheon Co, could be used for possible defense against Iran. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract