Mauritania curbs fish export
Nouakchott, October 2, 2008
Mauritania plans to impose a ban on the export of three varieties of fish following the food crisis in the country, according to a government official.
The bluefish, mullet and meagre have been specially reserved for domestic consumption and will come under the export ban.
The move comes in the wake of record high prices of fish in the local markets, especially the three types which have come under the ban.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires