FIC ties up with Twentieth Century Fox Movies
Dubai, October 12, 2008
Fox International Channels (FIC), a part of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, has signed a landmark multi-year deal with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution.
FIC had earlier this year launched the celebrated English language Fox Movies - the movie channel by the movie makers.
The exclusive deal, which is set to take effect in 2009, will provide Fox Movies with the free-to-air premiere rights for a powerful line-up of new Twentieth Century Fox movies. The deal also includes a wealth of blockbuster movies from the Twentieth Century Fox library.
“Twentieth Century Fox is one of the worlds’ most respected production studios with a rich Hollywood heritage, which encompasses a vast spectrum of movie entertainment – from the celebrated golden age of cinema to the leading contemporary works that are being produced today,' stated Ward Platt, president – FIC Asia.
“We are looking forward to working closely with the channel as they offer a fantastic choice of programmes for avid movie fans,” said Steve Cornish, SVP/managing director of Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey