Domotex to draw 1,350 exhibitors
Dubai, October 22, 2008
Domotex Hannover, a leading international showcase for the flooring sector, expects more than 1,350 exhibitors to take part in its next show in January.
The 2009 edition takes place at its traditional venue in Hannover, Germany from January 17 to 20, 2009.
The net display area has increased to 92,500 sq m compared with 91,757 sq m in 2007, said a statement.
Deutsche Messe Hannover, the organizers of Domotex, revealed that figures for Domotex Hannover 2009 have now set new records and continue to consolidate heading into the final countdown for the opening of the premier industry trade show.
Angela Schaschen, managing director, Deutsche Messe Dubai branch, said: 'The number of registered exhibitors is very encouraging, despite the current difficulties being experienced by the flooring industry. Particularly during periods of market weakness and volatility, companies need to seek new business leads, follow new initiatives and improve their image vis-à-vis the competition. There is no better place to do this than at Domotex. Anyone wanting to do business, or find out about the latest trends and designs, should head for Hannover in January.”
'We are indeed very pleased with the level of success that Domotex has achieved over the years. Our focus now is on further strengthening the Domotex brand by reinforcing our presence in key global markets such as Dubai, which has now become the home of Domotex Middle East,' added Schaschen.
Visitors of Domotex Hannover 2009 will also find an impressive supporting program as designer Ulf Moritz will again offer installations incorporating the carpet as an artwork. In addition, the winners of the Carpet Design Awards 2009 will be presented and celebrities from the worlds of architecture and the skilled crafts will lecture on topical issues of relevance to the world of flooring.
The trade show covers carpets/rugs (hand-made); woven carpets/area rugs (machine-made); textile and resilient floor coverings; fibres, yarns and textiles; wood and parquet flooring; laminated coverings; natural stone, ceramic tiles; and laying skills, cleaning and application technologies.
Numerous special events and meetings as well as an international architecture congress will serve to extend the scope and content of the show, the statement said.
The key highlights of the program of special events include 'contractworld', the Congress and Exhibition for Architecture and Interior Design that serves as a meeting place for contracting business; 'floorforum', a platform for the latest trends in contemporary carpets and textile floor coverings; Carpet Design Awards, which will hand out awards in recognition of innovative design, quality and creativity in hand-made carpets; Loom Lounge, which is a joint presentation focussing on hand-made rugs and carpets; Health and Safety Initiative for the Skilled Trades, which focuses on health and safety in the industry; Skilled Trades Forum, a lecture program for the skilled trades; and European Team Floor Laying Competition, a unique demonstration of speed, accuracy and workmanship. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station