'Recycled bottle' boat at Dubai Creek race
Dubai, October 26, 2008
Bafco, the region’s premier architectural office interiors and office furniture supplier, had launched its ‘recycled’ flagship at the ‘Whatever Floats Your Boat’ Race’ held in Dubai Festival City Marina on Saturday.
The company joined 14 other organisations such as Emirates Airlines, Dnata and HSBC as part of its plans to take corporate social responsibility for its surroundings.
Bafco employees collected more than 500 plastic bottles to construct a boat that raced along Dubai Creek.
Along with generating awareness for the initiative, Bafco donated Dh10,000 ($2721) with every dirham raised going directly to the ‘Clean Dubai’ initiative, run by the Emirates Environmental Group.
“We wanted to support this initiative to draw attention to local environmental issues. It was also a great way of getting all of our people involved in collecting waste plastic bottles,” said Bafco’s senior marketing executive Gilbert Grino.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain