Liberty Auto switches to eco-friendly carry-bags
Dubai, October 28, 2008
Liberty Automobiles has moved to ‘oxo-biodegradable’ carry-bags that disintegrate within a short time without adding to the plastic waste that is causing serious environmental damage around the globe.
The new carry-bags contain an additive called d2w® that is added to the plastic at the extrusion stage, causing the bags to degrade and disappear quickly, leaving no fragments, no methane and no harmful residues.
Ordinary plastic bags, on the other hand, are known to take up to 100 years or more to dissolve in the environment.
“As an organisation seriously concerned about environment, we have been exploring various ways to contribute to the cause of environmental conservation,” said Abdul Malik, group general manager of Liberty Automobiles Company.
“Fully aware that plastic bags are wreaking havoc with the environment, we thought this would be the best way to launch our environment-friendly initiatives.”
“For over 30 years, we have been using hundreds of plastic bags each day for delivering spare parts, wrapping products and brochures and for other diverse requirements,” said Hazar Sardast, general manager, Parts, Liberty Automobiles.
“When we realised the amount of plastic waste we were adding to the environment each day, we thought switching to the new-generation bio-degradable bags would not only make us proud participants in nature conservation, but also raise awareness among our customers,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy