Focus on air pollution at 'EnviroCities 2008'
Dubai, November 4, 2008
The sources and health effects of air pollution will be discussed at length by global experts at the 'EnviroCities 2008 International Conference', to be organised by the Environmental Center for Arab Towns next week.
The conference is scheduled to take place from November 11 to 13, in Dubai.
This was announced in a press conference by Eng. Dr. Radhiya Al Hashimi, and Mr. Yoshinori Yasumoto, Director of Sales for Middle East, Sharp, which is the Platinum Sponsor of the event.
'Dubai Government not only cares about the health effects of the environmental issues we face today, but it has taken a step further to help the people and the policy-makers alike to know more about the causes and effects of air pollution and the possible steps we all can take together as responsible citizens and governments,' stated Hussain Nasser Lootah, acting director general of Dubai Municipality.
Dr Radhiya Al Hashimi, director of the Environmental Center for Arab Towns, said his organisation has joined hands with the Harvard School of Public Health to bring together a panel of the best environmental and health experts from all over the world to share their lifetime experience on the health effects of air pollutants.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals