Vietnam to host global rice meet
Manila, November 9, 2008
Vietnam, one of the biggest rice exporting nations, will be hosting the Third International Rice Congress (IRC2010) to be held in Hanoi in the year 2010, a report said.
The world's largest gathering of rice scientists, researchers, and technologies, the event will also mark the 50th anniversary of the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), said the Commodity Online report.
According to IRRI Director General Dr Robert S Zeigler, IRC 2010 will incorporate the 28th International Rice Research Conference, Third World Rice Commerce Conference, Third International Rice Technology and Cultural Expo, and the 50th anniversary celebration of IRRI.
IRRI is the world's leading rice research and training centre. Based in the Philippines, with offices in 13 other countries, IRRI is also an autonomous, nonprofit institution focused on improving the well being of present and future generations of rice farmers and consumers, particularly those with low incomes, while preserving natural resources.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village