Bahrain awards landing craft order to ADSB
Abu Dhabi, November 12, 2008
Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) has won a contract to build four landing craft for the Bahrain Naval Forces, a report said.
Under the deal, ADSB will build two 42-metre steel landing craft and two 16-metre landing craft made of composite materials, for the Kingdom of Bahrain Defence Force, according to the Gulf News report.
'The size of the order is below Dh367 million ($100 million),' said ADSB's chief executive officer William S Saltzer.
'Deliveries for all four landing craft will be completed within the next two years,' he added.
ADSB, the sole naval shipbuilding and repair facility in the Middle East, bagged the multi-million dollar order amid stiff competition from international shipyards.
This is the second Bahraini order for ADSB.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires