20,000 to join Dubai clean-up campaign
Dubai, November 17, 2008
Nearly 20,000 volunteers will take part in a massive clean-up drive in Dubai which starts tomorrow (Nov 18).
The four-day campaign, which is observed under the banner “Start Today…Save Tomorrow,” is held at various sites across the emirate.
UAE Minister of Environment and Water, Dr Rashid Ahmed Bin Fahd, will open the campaign.
Hassan Makki, director of Waste Management Department at Dubai Municipality, said the campaign, which is organised every year by the municipality, is the largest volunteer clean-up drive in the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn