Almarai buys into Jordan drinks company
Riyadh, December 17, 2008
Almarai, Saudi Arabia's largest dairy company by market value, said on Wednesday it had finalised an agreement to buy 75 per cent of a Jordanian beverage firm, its first foreign acquisition.
Almarai will its own cash to finance the purchase of the stake in Taibah's Investment and Advanced Food Company, a dairy and juice manufacturer valued at 474 million riyals ($126.4 million) debt excluded, Almarai said in a statement posted on the Saudi bourse website.
"This is Almarai's first takeover outside Saudi Arabia," it added. Taibah's founders will keep the remaining 25 percent stake.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking