Diff industry prizes awarded
Dubai, December 18, 2008
The Dubai International Film Festival (Diff) has announced the six award winners from its 3-day Dubai Film Connection, a project market designed as a platform for international and Arab film professionals to network and collaborate.
21 participating projects were selected from 108 applicants from across the Middle East and the rest of the world.
Six awards were given at a special award ceremony which included the $25,000 Diff prize, awarded to three outstanding projects whose producers will participate in the prestigious Cannes Film Festival Producers Network 2009; the $25,000 Diff Desert Door Work in Progress Award and the 6000 Euro Arte ‘International Relations’ Award, and the $10,000 Bahrain Film Production Company Award.
'This year the awards were increased to give further support to these projects. The Dubai Film Connection 2008 has been an incredibly successful event,' stated Shivani Pandya, Diff’s managing director.
'There has been so much interest, and a lot of business has been generated as a result of these meetings that will materialise over the coming months. Two of our projects have also been approached by a Middle East broadcaster offering support for development and distribution. We hope to follow that and publish more news as the projects progress.'
The Dubai Film Connection is part of Diff’s Industry Office, and is in its second successful year. Of last year’s 15 projects, eight are in some stage of production, and one film participated in this year’s Muhr Awards for Excellence in Arab Cinema.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals