Dubai Media City gets new post office
Dubai, December 21, 2008
Emirates Post has opened a new post office at Dubai Media City premises in the Tecom Free Zone aimed at providing service to the facility along with Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Village.
The new office at Building No.14 in media city will offer a full range of postal and non-postal services and is the 97th post office in Emirates Post network.
Emirates Post’s new post office in the Tecom Free Zone will provide more than 3000 PO boxes in addition to a full range of regular postal services, express services, mail parcels, communication, and money transfers as well as non-postal services such as Dewa, Sewa and Fewa bill payments, parking fines payments, du and Etisalat telephone recharge, Emirates ID application submissions and all the other services available at regular Emirates Post offices.
The post office’s hours of operation are from 8am to 3pm.
The new post office was inaugurated by Ibrahim Bin Karam, CEO of Emirates Post and Ahmed Baghoum, executive director - customer operations, Tecom Investments, along with other senior officials from both companies.
Bin Karam said, "Tecom free zones have companies and organizations actively involved in the field of media, technology and education. We are pleased to take our services to the doorstep of employees who are engaged in such critical and important areas."
Baghoum said: “One of our guiding principles at Tecom is to continually seek out ways to ensure the satisfaction of all our business partners. The new Emirates Post branch within our premises comes in response to their requirement of on-site postal services to facilitate ease of operations."
“The presence of Emirates Post within the cluster is a welcome addition to our portfolio of value added benefits, enhancing the range of convenience to all companies that operate within our business parks,” he added.
Tecom Investments, a member of Dubai Holding, develops and manages businesses that support the growth of knowledge-based industries in Dubai.
Tecom Investments is active in a wide range of industries including information & communication technology (ICT), media, education, bio-technology, and energy.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion