Snedeker to hit European trail with Qatar event
Doha, December 28, 2008
Former US PGA Tour Rookie of the Year Brandt Snedeker will hit the European Tour trail when he makes his debut at the 2009 Commercialbank Masters, to be held at Doha Golf Club from January 22 to 25.
The 28 year-old Snedeker captured the imagination of the golfing public with a third place finish at the 2008 Masters and ninth at the US Open and will join friend and countryman Boo Weekley at the $2.5 million tournament.
“We always aim to bring something new to the tournament,” said Qatar Golf Association (QGA) president Hassan Al Nuami.
“Brandt is one of the most exciting young talents on the US PGA Tour who has shown he can perform on the biggest of stages. As well as Brandt and Boo, we believe we will have the strongest line-up of any tournament being staged in the Middle East at the start of the year.”
Organised by the QGA in collaboration with the Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) and Commercialbank, the Commercialbank Qatar Masters, presented by Dolphin Energy, gives Snedeker a taste of the PGA European Tour.
Commercialbank group CEO Andrew Stevens said Snedeker’s decision to play in the 2009 event was further indication as to Qatar’s growing global reputation as a world-class sporting venue.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers