Dubai Marina Mall gets huge Waitrose store
Dubai, January 14, 2009
The newly opened Dubai Marina Mall will unveil the Dubai Marina’s largest supermarket, Waitrose tomorrow (January 15), to coincide with the Dubai Shopping Festival 2009.
The 26,000 sq ft Waitrose store will showcase the brand’s extensive range of quality food products.
Waitrose entered into a licensing agreement with Fine Fare Food Market to open the store in Dubai Marina Mall. The debut for Waitrose store in UAE and outside UK was at The Dubai Mall in November 2008.
“The Waitrose store at Dubai Marina Mall will offer a variety of choices that will suit the lifestyle needs of residents in Dubai Marina and surrounding areas. Waitrose has tremendous brand equity, and will appeal to a wide spectrum of shoppers,” said Ian Ferguson, general manager, Dubai Marina Mall.
Waitrose at Dubai Marina Mall will offer an assortment of Waitrose branded products as well as locally sourced products. The product range includes fresh and frozen foods, delicatessen, cheese, fresh fish, meat, patisserie and hot food counters.
The store will only sell certified Halal food in the main store arena. A fully-functional scratch bakery; interactive butchery and fishmongers and a market-style fresh fruit and vegetable area will underscore the Waitrose commitment to freshness. The store will also carry a selected range of John Lewis non-food products.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals