Qatar orders Mawashi merge with retailer
Doha, January 19, 2009
Qatar's government has ordered a merger between Qatar Meat & Livestock Co (Mawashi) and Al Meera Consumer Goods Co, the third merger deal in the country in as many months.
"The move comes in line with the country's investment policy to maximise shareholders' equity in the Qatari shareholding companies which will contribute to the national economy and economic development," Mawashi said in a statement on the Qatar bourse website.
It gave no more details on the merger and said that the two companies would have to agree on the mechanics of the move.
In November, the government ordered Qatar Navigation and Qatar Shipping to merge.
Earlier this month, Qatar's Gulf Warehousing said it was merging with Agility Qatar, a unit of Kuwait's Agility, the Gulf's biggest logistics firm. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon