Siemens launches latest solutions at WFES
Abu Dhabi, January 20, 2009
Siemens launched its newest technology solutions and infrastructures at the 2009 World Future Energy Summit (WFES), that started today in Abu Dhabi.
'Today Siemens is the only company that offers solutions along the entire energy conversion value chain. As such, we are proud to present our extensive renewable energy portfolio at the World Future Energy Summit 2009,' said Joachim Kundt, chief, Siemens LLC.
'Siemens is highly committed to its environmental portfolio, which in 2008 generated just under EUR19 billion, approximately one quarter of the company’s total global revenue of EUR77 billion.”
Siemens had a significant presence at the WFES conference. Professor Hermann Requardt, chief technology officer of Siemens AG, spoke at the keynote session, on ‘Technology Solutions for Energy Challenges’.
In addition, eight leading experts from the Siemens global network will be present on the stand for the duration of the summit to share their expertise on a wide range of relevant topics including - efficient energy supply; carbon capture and storage; green IT; energy efficient lighting; photovoltaic (solar) solutions; sustainable urban infrastructures; intelligent power management; energy efficient drive technologies; and wind power technologies. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with these experts and experience Siemens’ innovations across the full energy chain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'