DCD ensures safety at Global Village
Dubai, January 29, 2009
Global Village, a prime tourism destination in Dubailand, continues to partner with Dubai Civil Defence (DCD) to implement the highest safety standards for visitors.
DCD's objectives in Global Village include discipline and order in public utilities, environment safety, and protection of public and private facilities.
The DCD department in Global Village has three teams that run on three shifts in a 24-hour period and check fire pumps, oil hydrants and electrical facilities in all the pavilions, kiosks and restaurants in Global Village.
They also coordinate closely with the Global Village management to ensure the compliance on safety requirements in the area.
DCD teams also make sure that the rules against smoking inside the pavilions are followed. There are designated areas for smoking in the open areas and outside the pavilions. Moreover, DCD implements training for security and proper usage of fire extinguishers.
This year, DCD has committed six equipped fire-fighting cars that are ready to meet any emergency that may arise in the Global Village.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires