Dubai Fashion 2009 to host John Galliano range
Dubai, February 9, 2009
Dubai Fashion 2009 will showcase John Galliano’s Spring/Summer Collection, which celebrates 'all that is ‘Great’ in Great Britain', tomorrow (February 10).
Tonight’s ‘ladies only’ installment is the second of three magical nights of Dubai Fashion glamour that are lighting up the catwalk from February 9 to 11.
Tonight’s collection promises to usher in a 'new energy for a new season at Galliano'. Inspirations and influences for Galliano’s spring/summer designs this year include James Gillary, the Queen Mother, bold colours, big hair and bright prints. Dubai’s fashionistas can expect slashed hems and a 'regal regency rock'.
The collection features flowing chiffons, ruffles, and romantic sheer evening styles, full of the signature English eccentric chic that has won this talented designer numerous awards, including several nods as ‘British Designer of the Year’.
Dubai Fashion was conceived in 2004 as an annual high-end fashion showcase for renowned international brands and designers that have a presence in exclusive local retailers to present their collections in Dubai’s ‘Fashion Week’ equivalent, promoting Destination Dubai as a cosmopolitan hub on the world stage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers