Web portal launched to help NGOs
Dubai, February 11, 2009
Integrated telecom operator du and UAE Ministry of Social Affairs (MSA) have jointly launched Musahama, a web portal for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the UAE.
The web portal was launched in the presence of Mariam Khalfan Al Roomi, Minister of Social Affairs (MSA), UAE, by Osman Sultan, du CEO, and Naji Al Haj, executive manager of social development at the ministry.
The portal will act as an interface among UAE-based NGOs, the people in the UAE and encourage voluntary participation, said a statement. Musahama will also showcase the work of each organization, besides acting as a source of factual information on NGOs in the UAE.
“Du’s corporate responsibility programme focuses on creating sustainable and economically empowering initiatives throughout the UAE,” said Sultan. “Musahama is one such novel online initiative achieved as a result of the strong partnership between du and the MSA.”
Al Haj said: “Musahama will be the one reference point for all active non-governmental organisations. We expect this initiative to further the cause of social development in the UAE and enable closer coordination between various organisations. We sincerely thank du for taking the lead in ensuring the success of the initiative.”
The web portal will be accessible at www.musahama.com. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course
- Saudi arrested in US after 'false' statement
- Hansgrohe revenue rises 5.4pc to $1bn in 2012
- Carlyle Group buys stake in Jordan’s Al Nabil