Web portal launched to help NGOs
Dubai, February 11, 2009
Integrated telecom operator du and UAE Ministry of Social Affairs (MSA) have jointly launched Musahama, a web portal for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the UAE.
The web portal was launched in the presence of Mariam Khalfan Al Roomi, Minister of Social Affairs (MSA), UAE, by Osman Sultan, du CEO, and Naji Al Haj, executive manager of social development at the ministry.
The portal will act as an interface among UAE-based NGOs, the people in the UAE and encourage voluntary participation, said a statement. Musahama will also showcase the work of each organization, besides acting as a source of factual information on NGOs in the UAE.
“Du’s corporate responsibility programme focuses on creating sustainable and economically empowering initiatives throughout the UAE,” said Sultan. “Musahama is one such novel online initiative achieved as a result of the strong partnership between du and the MSA.”
Al Haj said: “Musahama will be the one reference point for all active non-governmental organisations. We expect this initiative to further the cause of social development in the UAE and enable closer coordination between various organisations. We sincerely thank du for taking the lead in ensuring the success of the initiative.”
The web portal will be accessible at www.musahama.com. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires