Chili’s readies hot SW American offerings
Manama, February 13, 2009
Chili's, the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International, a recognized leader in casual dining, will soon line up several new Southwest American offerings at its outlet in Bahrain.
'Southwest American cuisine is one of the tastiest in the world and this is a brand equity Chili’s is known for around the world,' said Chili’s Global Culinary Director and Chef, Stuart Rackham, who treated a gathering of foodlovers to an afternoon of sumptuous Southwest flavours.
He showcased a select number of new Southwest recipes including the delicious Crispy Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers and complimenting beverages in front of the gathering.
'Chili’s is a favourite in the Bahrain and it’s great to be able to give something extra through a tour like this,' he remarked.
The Chef displayed his skills in front of a gathering of food lovers at Chili’s Seef Mall who also had the pleasure of tasting his offerings fresh off the grill.
Rackham, who is doing a whistle stop tour of Arabia as part of the Worldwide Chili’s Culinary Roadshow, kicked off activity at Chili’s Seef Mall, Bahrain, on Thursday to showcase some of the brand’s famous Chili’s Southwest Cuisine.
'I am really excited to be back in Bahrain! This is an amazing place and with so many Chili’s outlets in the Middle East it was the logical place to bring the Chili’s Culinary Roadshow,' said Rackham.
Chili’s Southwestern cuisine is inspired by the American Southwest, which is made up by the states of New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. Southwestern cuisine is considered one of the oldest in the US, representing an eclectic mix of the Spanish, Latin and Native American heritage.
Foods such as corn, chili, beans, avocado and tomato, are combined with European ingredients, such as rice. Other ingredients include vegetables, legumes, meat and grains, chilies, spices and cheeses, all original from that region, resulting in a very tasty and versatile cuisine.
Most of the growing popularity of the Chili’s Southwest American Cuisine is attributed, not only to the delicious flavouring but also to its cooking process, with the Southwest way of cooking often requiring the use of mesquite grills and marinade sauces.
Yasser Malakani, divisional manager, Jawad Business Group said; “We are delighted to welcome Chef Stuart Rackham to Bahrain. The Culinary Roadshow is an ideal event to provide Chili’s with an opportunity to showcase the Southwest cuisine in its finest form.'
'We are looking forward to some very exciting initiatives for Chili’s in 2009 and this is the perfect way to begin,' he added.
Chili’s offers authentic Southwest American cuisine and is famous for Ribs, Fajitas, Big Mouth Burgers and mouth-watering steaks.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station