Emirates Palace scoops 3 gourmet awards
Abu Dhabi, February 17, 2009
Emirates Palace received three prestigious awards for its popular dining destinations - Anar and Diwan L’Auberge, at the inaugural Gourmet Abu Dhabi Awards recently.
Dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the local hospitality industry – the awards ceremony was attended by Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, chairman, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority.
With more then 110 nominations received across eight categories, two dining outlets based at Emirates Palace were triumphant. Anar received accolades in two categories –Regional Cuisine Restaurant of the Year and Regional Cuisine Manager of the Year.
“At Emirates Palace we pride ourselves on providing guests with superlative dining options,” said Hans Olbertz, general manager of Kempinski’s Emirates Palace.
Presenting many of the finest Persian gastronomic delights outside of Iran, Anar is a beautifully adorned venue of enchanting traditional Persian favourites, he added.
Diwan L’Auberge presents traditional Lebanese cuisine at its best, with an alluring menu of sought-after specialties and well-known favourites, hot and cold Mezze and succulent grilled dishes.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires