EADS to design Abu Dhabi police security system
Abu Dhabi, March 2, 2009
Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarters (GHQ) and EADS Defence & Security have signed an agreement to prepare a plan for an integrated police security system solution for the Abu Dhabi emirate.
Lieutenant General Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Interior minister and Abu Dhabi Police commander and Hervé Guillou, CEO of Defence and Communications Systems (DCS) at EADS Defence & Security inked the pact during the recently concluded IDEX 2009.
The project includes a comprehensive threat assessment, analysis of business needs and security gap analysis, system design concept as well as a complete implementation plan, a top official said.
The design of the system is intended to provide the Abu Dhabi Police with an improved intelligence capability, a comprehensive situation awareness over the whole emirate in the area under its responsibility, as well as all the necessary means for effective response command and control, he noted.
It will utilise the most modern surveillance detection and distributed information systems. These features will be integrated with existing systems, optimising force performance and providing maximum to the emirate and its communities.
In addition, the system shall enable Abu Dhabi Police to co-operate more effectively with all UAE security apparatus for multi agency operations in order to face the threats and challenges for the years ahead.
'Abu Dhabi Police objective to address the security issues globally with a focus on intelligence led operation is clearly leading the way of the best practice of police modernisation,' Guillou explained.
'EADS is very proud to have been selected to develop this challenging objective and contribute to the security of the Emirate,' he remarked.
Major General Nasser Salem Al Nuaemi, director of the General Secretariat for Interior minister commented: 'We are pleased to sign this contract with EADS, which is a major exercise to implement our vision for a modern and effective police in Abu Dhabi.'
He pointed out that the project directly addresses one of the force key strategic priorities which is to maintain the safety and the security in the emirate.
'An integrated security system is the key for Abu Dhabi Police to cope with the challenges of the very fast development of the Emirate,' he added.
EADS Defence & Security (DS) is a systems solutions provider for armed forces and civil security worldwide. Its portfolio ranges from sensors and secure networks through missiles to aircraft and UAVs as well as global security, service and support solutions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station