Zain, Rotana ink exclusive deal
Kuwait, March 24, 2009
Zain Telecom has signed an exclusive agreement with the pan-Arab audio-video giant Rotana Holding Group, to make its digital entertainment productions available to Zain customers in Kuwait.
A leading mobile telecom operator in Kuwait, Zain has operations in 22 countries across the Middle East and Africa.
Through a new service called ‘Zain Create,’ the partnership agreement allows Zain’s customers to conveniently download entertainment from Rotana Media Group.
The new partnership will provide Zain customers in Kuwait with a gateway to a vast world of innovative artistic works, said a Zain official.
Commenting on the launch, Zain in Kuwait CEO Khaled Al Hajeri said, 'This exclusive agreement comes in line with Zain’s ceaseless efforts to offer the best and the latest to its customers.'
'Not only will this agreement offer quality service, but also provide our customers with a wide online window through which they can enjoy the latest artistic works of all famous Arab singers and musicians,' he added.
Highlighting how the region’s telecommunications sector has witnessed many developments over the last few years, Al Hajeri said fast-paced developments in the IT industry have made digital entertainment essential for mobile phone users.
'Mobile phones are no longer devices for merely making and receiving calls, they are increasingly becoming a platform for expressing an entire modern lifestyle, be it for business or pleasure,' he opined.
'With ‘Zain Create,’ this bilateral partnership with Rotana will cater to the entertainment needs of a wide spectrum of our customers in Kuwait, making a wonderful world for them,' he added.
Customers in Kuwait will be able to download music as full tracks – through their mobile phones or their personal computers – either via the Zain Create website (http://create.zain.com) or directly through the Zain Create Mobile application on handsets. Customers can also watch Rotana TV channels live on their mobile phones and laptops.
As an introductory offer, any Zain Kuwait customer who registers for ‘Zain Create’ before April 1, will receive a KD5 ($17) credit that can be used to download 16 audio song files anytime. The price of downloading an audio song file in Kuwait is 300 fils ($1).
The exclusive partnership agreement between Zain and Rotana will soon be extended to include all other Zain operations in the Middle East as a second phase.
The service currently offers only audio songs files; however, it will be extended to include video clip downloads and other mobile content in the future, Al Hajeri added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion