Big DSS surprises for movie buffs
Dubai, June 8, 2009
CineStar Cinemas has joined hands with DSF Office to announce an exclusive summer promotion for movie buffs during the twelfth edition of Dubai Summer Surprises.
Called the ‘Surprisingly Golden Experience’, the promotion offers spa vouchers, movie ticket upgrade to Gold Class, and a grand prize where a total of four winners will be chosen for spa packages at Park Hyatt and at the Atlantis.
Khulood Al Thani, marketing director of DSF Office said, “We are delighted to collaborate with CineStar Cinemas on this exciting promotion aptly named the ‘Surprisingly Golden Experience’.
Entertainment has been an integral and a core element of every DSS edition since 1998, and CineStar’s promotions go along the DSS theme of ‘Surprising Dubai’ where visitors and residents will be equally amazed by what the summer extravaganza will offer this year.”
“Further, our collaboration with private sector entities and brands such as CineStar reflect our cooperation with the private sector in offering value-for-money packages for visitors,” she added.
When booking Gold Class tickets online on www.cinestarcinemas.com for weekday shows, movie enthusiasts can enter into a daily draw to win a spa package courtesy of DSS.
Three such prizes will be given away every week until the end of the summer extravaganza, she noted.
Additionally, ten cinema goers will be surprised everyday with a free upgrade to the VIP or Gold Class cinemas when purchasing a normal movie ticket.
The ‘lucky seats’ will have envelopes with free upgrades and free entry tickets to Modhesh World – the biggest attraction during DSS 2009. The offer is made available on weekdays for movies before 6pm.
CineStar’s general manager, Cameron Mitchell noted that this was the second time that CineStar had collaborated with DSS, after their extremely successful Treasure Hunt campaign in 2007.
Cameron added that CineStar was delighted to be working with the DSS team on yet another new and innovative initiative for surprising guests with upgrade’s to CineStar’s premium cinemas.
The Mall Of The Emirate’s Gold Class cinema allows guests to watch the latest blockbuster in reclining leather arm chairs, whilst being served from a café style menu, and is the perfect complement to the long list of exciting initiatives that DSS had again developed this year.
"The DSS team continue to excite both residents and visitors to Dubai with their promotions each year, and 2009 will set a new benchmark for creativity and excitement."
"CineStar is delighted with their strong association with DSS, and looks forward to collaborating with the team for many years to come," Cameron added.
The highlight of the promotion or the Grand Prize will give away three winners a spa package each at the Park Hyatt with one lucky winner receiving an exclusive spa package in The Atlantis. Winners will be selected from business card drop-offs within Gold Class during the DSS period.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha