Ducab becomes EGBC corporate member
Dubai, July 21, 2009
Ducab, the leading manufacturer of high quality power cables in the Middle East, recently signed an agreement with Emirates Green Building Council to become a corporate member.
As per the agreement, Ducab will work together with the Council to promote sustainable environmental development in the UAE.
“By becoming a corporate member of the Emirates GBC (Green Building Council), we will be doing everything we can to help increase awareness about environmental practices and standards whilst supporting the Green vision of the leadership of UAE,' said Graham Cheetham, manufacturing GM, Ducab.
Ducab will join forces with Emirates GBC to organise workshops in which it will highlight the importance of sustainable environmental development, as well as promote environmentally friendly approaches.
Since its inception in 1979, Ducab has taken part in many environmental activities such as the 'Clean the Earth' and 'Clean up the World' campaigns.
The company is also a member of the Emirates Environmental Group (EEG). In addition to recycling internal waste as well as scrap, Ducab has also been involved in tree planting in the Emirates for Dubai and Abu Dhabi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires