Food etiquette tips for children
Dubai, August 10, 2009
The UAE government-owned Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) recently conducted sessions for children on food etiquette and how to pack prepare their own lunch boxes.
The sessions were held at Modhesh World, the focal entertainment point of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), a shopping and family fun extravaganza running across various malls in Dubai.
In a session held recently, children were taught how to use their spoons, forks and the right places for each piece of cutlery while dining. The food pyramid was explained and the harmful excesses of food were also listed.
Children learnt to prepare lunch boxes using nutritious yet delicious food. The sessions were held to give parents and children ideas on improving food standards and replacing unhealthy fried food with nutritious and tasty substitutes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal