Duravit to supply sanitaryware for Formula 1
Abu Dhabi, August 16, 2009
Bathroom manufacturer Duravit with headquarters in Hornberg, Germany, is installing its products in the Formula 1 sanitary areas in Abu Dhabi.
The order includes everything from the common area and the VIP area to the ID area that, in this case, stands for the Interior Design area.
To fulfil this order, Duravit is delivering more than 1,370 individual items to Abu Dhabi, ranging from wall-mounted WCs to towel holders.
In future, Formula 1 will be stopping off in a second Arab country: for an initial seven years from 2009, Abu Dhabi will host a Grand Prix race as part of the Formula 1 World Championship.
The racetrack was designed by the famous Formula 1 racetrack architect, Herman Tilke, and is located on the offshore Yas Island, one of the largest natural islands off the coast of Abu Dhabi. The building work is already underway and, according to the head of organisation, Richard Cregan, is well on schedule. The season finale will take place on the new track in Abu Dhabi on November 1.
The German manufacturer has more than 190 years of experience with ceramics.
“Design paired with high quality' is the key factor behind Duravit’s success in the race for Formula 1,' stated Duravit management board chairman Franz Kook.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey