Sheikh Ahmed reviews ‘Arab Knowledge Report’
Dubai, August 24, 2009
Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, chairman of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, was recently briefed on work in progress for the Arab Knowledge Report ahead of its release.
The “2009 Arab Knowledge Report: Towards a Knowledge-Based Society in the Arab World” is a joint effort between the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation and the UN Development Programme.
Aiming to shed light on the status of knowledge in the Arab world, the report discusses how knowledge is produced in the region. It also defines the factors driving and/or obstructing development.
Sheikh Ahmed commended the foundation’s significant role in developing future leaders and spreading education for ensuring the sustainable development of the region.
The foundation’s initiatives are in line with the vision of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, who has directed the foundation to build bridges for knowledge transfer by pioneering inter-cultural discussions that reflect the openness characterizing the Arab world.
Sheikh Ahmed instructed team members to remain persistent in identifying youth with the potential to offer solutions to challenges and the capability to meet the developmental requirements of the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn