Top hotel plans Arabic food fest
Jeddah, September 22, 2009
Rosewood Corniche, a leading ultra-luxury hotel in Jeddah, will open a 10-day food festival celebrating the cuisine and culture of the Arabic-speaking world as well as offering a prize draw.
The Taste Arabia Food Festival will take place from September 23 to October 2 during dinner at Habsburg restaurant.
Saudi National Day, the commemoration of the unification of the kingdom, coincides with the opening day of the festival, making it a patriotic act to sample Saudi specialities like maasoub and camel ouzi.
“Rosewood Corniche is proud to be recognizing Saudi National Day with the launch of Taste Arabia,” said Hans-Peter Leitzke, managing director for Rosewood Corniche.
“The festival pays tribute to the culinary cultural traditions of Saudi Arabia and the region, and visitors will be able to appreciate dishes unique to the kingdom at our expansive buffet.”
The Taste Arabia Food Festival will also bring the cuisines of North Africa, the Levant, and the Gulf together.
From Lebanese hummus bayrouti to Moroccan fish tajine, favourite dishes and regional specialities are prepared with passion and care by Rosewood Corniche chefs.
“We are excited to bring the rich culinary history of the Arab world to Jeddah. City residents and hotel guests will be able to sample authentic dishes from around the Middle East in a festive atmosphere, a very entertaining option for families, business groups, and Arabic food enthusiasts,” Leitzke added.
On the final day of the food festival, the hotel will raffle off airfare for two to the UK, giving away a pair of round-trip business class tickets with BMI Airlines from Jeddah to London. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station