Nestlé brings Kit Kat dark chocolate to ME
Dubai, October 8, 2009
Nestlé has launched Kit Kat Dark, a combination of dark chocolate and wafer, in the Middle East.
Kit Kat Dark is made with the finest cocoa beans from the Ivory Coast and Papua New Guinea, according to a spokesperson.
Dark chocolate has been gaining popularity in recent times as the advantages of consuming it come to light. “Indulging moderately in dark chocolate, as part of a healthy and balanced diet, has been proven to provide some health benefits,” said Lynn Al Khatib, nutritionist, Nestlé Middle East.
“Dark chocolate is a rich source of Flavonoids; a type of antioxidants that helps promote heart health. Antioxidants generally help prevent cell damage and are thereby known to play a role in promoting overall body health.”
“Chocolate lovers in the Middle East have created the fourth largest market for Kit Kat in the world,” said Philip Hobeika, group product manager, Nestlé Confectionery.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village