Abu Dhabi MAR, ThyssenKrupp ink naval deal
Frankfurt, October 15, 2009
German industrial firm ThyssenKrupp and Abu Dhabi MAR Group agreed a long-term strategic partnership for building naval ships and megayachts, ThyssenKrupp said Thursday.
The partnership involves forming Blohm+Voss Naval, a 50:50 joint venture for the design and manufacturing of naval surface ships including frigates, corvettes and offshore patrol vessels, Thyssen said in a statement.
Abu Dhabi MAR Group will take an 80 per cent stake in the megayacht business and in subsidiaries Blohm+Voss shipyards, Blohm+Voss repair, and Blohm+Voss industries.
The transaction is subject to the approval of supervisory bodies of both groups. For the naval side, the transaction is subject to disclosure requirements under the German Foreign Trade and Payments Act.
Abu Dhabi MAR Group is jointly owned by Al Ain International Group and Privinvest and recently acquired the Nobiskrug Shipyard in Rendsburg, Germany. The shipbuilding group employs 2,000 staff. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan