Qaeda group claims Baghdad bomb attacks
Dubai, October 27, 2009
An Al Qaeda-linked group has said it carried out the suicide bomb attacks that killed 155 people in Baghdad on Sunday, one of Iraq's deadliest days this year.
The statement dated October 26 was posted by the Islamic State in Iraq group on a website often used by militants to announce responsibility for such attacks.
It said suicide bombers had targeted the Justice Ministry and a Baghdad provincial assembly building. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires