Film on Prophet planned
Doha, November 2, 2009
An epic film about Prophet Mohammed backed by the producer of The Lord of the Rings and The Matrix is being planned with the aim of “bridging cultures”.
Filming of the $150 million English-language film is set to start in 2011 with American Barrie Osborne as its producer, Qatari media company Alnoor Holdings said.
The film – in which the Prophet would not be depicted, in accordance with Islamic rules – is in development and talks are being held with studios, talent agencies and distributors in the US and Britain, Alnoor said. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’