Typhoon to fly high at Dubai Air Show
Dubai, November 9, 2009
Eurofighter Typhoon, the world’s most advanced multi-role combat aircraft, will be performing at the Dubai Air Show 2009 for the first time.
The RAF aircraft, piloted by Squadron Leader Scott Loughran, will take to the sky daily to thrill the crowds at one of the world’s leading air shows that will be held from November 15 to 19.
The aircraft’s presence at the event will give the audience a chance to see Europe’s newest high-performance multi-role fighter in action and will support the Eurofighter consortium’s presence and marketing activities at the show.
Commenting on the air show, Loughran, said: “I am delighted to be flying the Typhoon at the Dubai Air Show for the first time. In eight and a half minutes, I will have the opportunity to really show the audience what the Typhoon can do at one of the most prestigious air shows in the world.”
The Eurofighter Typhoon is capable of deployment in a wide range of roles, including air policing, air defence as well as ground attack. It is a multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft that is in service with the four partner nations of Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK as well as export customers Austria and Saudi Arabia.
With 707 aircraft under contract, it is Europe’s largest military collaborative programme and delivers leading-edge technology, strengthening Europe’s aerospace industry in the global competition. More than 100,000 jobs in 400 companies are secured by the programme, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse