Saudi agri expos a 'big success'
Riyadh, November 10, 2009
The twin Saudi agriculture exhibitions - Saudi Agriculture 2009 and Saudi Agro-Food 2009 - were a huge success attracting over 20,000 visitors and generating billions of rials worth of new projects and business deals, according to its organisers.
Riyadh Exhibitions Company said the twin expos concurrently held at the newly-completed Riyadh International Exhibition Centre witnessed four days of business-to-business networking activities and a showcase of the latest products, technologies and innovations from more than 500 local, regional and international exhibitors from over 30 countries.
Dr Fahd Bin Abulrahman Balghunaim, Saudi Minister of Agriculture, opened the trade event which had a premium selection of state-of-the-art technology, machinery, equipment and products in the agriculture and agro-food sectors on display.
The exhibitions occupied a total of 15,000 sq m of indoor exhibition space and up to 5,000 sq m of outdoor exhibition grounds, said Mohammed Al Hussaini, deputy general manager, Riyadh Exhibitions Company.
He noted that the volume of projects and deals that were closed during the mega trade event underlined the excellent potential for long-term growth in the areas of agriculture and agro-food business in Saudi Arabia.
'The enthusiastic attitude of both trade exhibitors and visitors reflects the favourable market conditions in the fields of agriculture and agro-food in Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, the excellent response reaffirms the status of Saudi Agriculture and Saudi Agro-Food as invaluable communication channels and business gateways for local and international industry players,' he added.
Al Hussaini pointed out that about 80 per cent of participants of both the exhibitions were Saudi-based companies.
'Saudi Agriculture 2009 – The 28th International Agriculture, Water and Agri-Industry Show' presented the latest in chemicals and fertilisers, agricultural finance and banking, nurseries and crop protection, pumps and pipe systems, irrigation and landscaping equipment, and water treatment and management systems.
'Saudi Agro-Food 2009 – The 16th International Trade Show for Food Products, Processing and Packaging Technologies' showcased the latest products, technologies and services in areas ranging from frozen and chilled foods, confectionery and chocolates and health and natural foods, to presentation, processing and packaging equipment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal