Hershey plans $17bn Cadbury bid
Philadelphia, November 21, 2009
US chocolate maker Hershey Company is considering launching a bid of at least $17 billion for British chocolatier Cadbury in an effort to outstrip a hostile offer by Kraft Foods, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Hershey, which is still considering a joint bid with Italy's Ferrero, lined up deal financing from Bank of America and JP Morgan, said the source, who declined to be named because he was not authorized to speak with the media.
JPMorgan declined to comment. Bank of America and Hershey could not be immediately reached for comment.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy