Mall of the Emirates hosts largest mosaic work
Dubai, December 2, 2009
Mall of the Emirates is hosting the world’s largest mosaic work to celebrate UAE’s 38th National Day on December 2.
Comprising of 98,000 mosaic stones from various countries, the work was created by Syrian artist Riyadh Nawwaf Ar-radhiya.
Natural stones were used to create the mosaic depicting the late ruler Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, and the current rulers Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan – President of UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, and Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The red stones were brought from France, green from India, white from Greece, pink from Italy, blue and brown from Turkey, black and grey from Syria, and yellow stones from Lebanon.
It took Riyadh Nawwaf eleven months to complete the work on an average of ten working hours per day. The mosaic is 2.4 metres high, 3.5 metres wide, and weighs approximately 756 kilos.
The display will run till December 3.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm