Chilean fruit and vegetable expo dates set
Santiago, December 24, 2009
The Fruit Growers Federation of Chile (Fedefruta) will hold the eighth International Business Round Table; Chilean Fruit and Vegetables for Export event, also known as Fruittrade, on October 6 and 7, 2010, it said.
Fruittrade, which will be held at the Santiago Sheraton Hotel, creates a platform that allows fruit and vegetable buyers to meet with the exporters of Chile to establish contact and generate business.
It will be complemented with the National Convention of Fruit and Vegetable Producers, a mega-seminar in which technical lectures of market management will take place.
The last edition of Fruittrade attracted buyers from all over the world, including Europe, America, the Middle East and the Far East, who carried out a total of 683 meetings with producers who represented a fruit offering valued at $400 million.
According to a survey carried out amongst the participants, 100 per cent of the importers asked indicated having established contacts for fruit purchase in the following seasons.
Meanwhile, 91 per cent of the producers asked confirmed obtaining business contacts for the upcoming seasons.
“This is an event that has consolidated, as it goes into its eighth year, and today it is expected by the Chilean and international fruit and vegetable industry,” said Rodrigo Echeverría, president of Fedefruta about Fruittrade 2010.
“Therefore, I invite those buyers and sellers that are still not familiar with it to get informed and participate. Our years of activity demonstrate that Fruittrade is a really useful tool to generate business, contacts and knowledge of the market,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet