First Maggiano outlet opens in Jeddah
Dallas, December 27, 2009
Brinker International has announced the opening of the first Maggiano's location in Saudi Arabia, which also marks the only franchised Maggiano's restaurant outside of the United States.
Maggiano's menu features both classic and contemporary recipes - authentic pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh seafood, regular chef specials and specialty desserts.
The new Maggiano's is operated by Jawad Business Group. Jawad, a Brinker business partner for five years, opened the first Chili's Grill & Bar location in India this year and also franchises 10 other Chili's locations in Bahrain.
Jawad, a Brinker business partner for five years, opened the first Chili's Grill & Bar location in India this year and also franchises 10 other Chili's locations in Bahrain.
'Our global business development team is continuing to grow our brands and we are excited about the opportunities the Maggiano's brand will bring internationally, as well as to the Saudi Arabia market,' said John Reale, president of global business development for Brinker International.
'This opening brings us closer to our goal of 500 restaurants outside the United States by 2014,' Reale added.
Maggiano's in Saudi Arabia offers authentic, made from scratch Italian cuisine. It seats 278 guests and offers multiple dining areas. The restaurant is located on Al Tahlia Street, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and is open daily from noon until midnight.
Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
The opening of the Maggiano's in Saudi Arabia brings the total to 45 locations globally. Maggiano's is one of three restaurant brands in the portfolio of Dallas-based Brinker International, one of the world's largest casual dining companies, with nearly 1,700 restaurants in 29 countries and two territories.
Other Brinker restaurant brands include Chili's Grill & Bar, and On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina. Brinker also holds a minority investment in Romano's Macaroni Grill.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack