Malls back Muscat cleanliness campaign
Muscat, December 30, 2009
Oman’s two popular shopping malls, Muscat City Centre and Qurum City Centre, have joined hands with Muscat Municipality to support the month-long 'Muscat in the heart' cleanliness campaign.
This new association will assist Muscat Municipality in reaching out to tens of thousands of mall customers with the municipality’s staff issuing brochures, posters and leaflets to raise awareness on the importance of maintaining a clean and green city.
Muscat City Centre, first opened in October, 2001, is the biggest and most dominant mall in Oman and recently underwent a 16-month RO22.5 million expansion project. The original 33,036 sqm GLA of the Centre has now expanded to a total of 60,484 sqm of GLA, almost doubling the size of the mall and housing a total of 63 new stores since the beginning of 2007.
Qurum City Centre is Majid Al Futtaim Group’s second venture in Oman after the hugely successful shopping mall, Muscat City Centre. Strategically located in the commercial hub of upmarket Qurum area, the project stretches across a gross leasable area (GLA) of over 20,600 sqm.
The Centre opened its doors to the public in October 2008 and is home to over 75 retail outlets with anchor store Carrefour and popular brands such as H&M, BHS, Mango and Borders.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan