Yemen situation 'global threat'
Washington, January 5, 2010
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the situation in Yemen was a threat to both regional and global stability.
'We see global implications from the war in Yemen and the ongoing efforts by al Qaeda in Yemen to use it as a base for terrorist attacks far beyond the region,' Clinton said after a meeting with the visiting prime minister of Qatar.
Clinton said a decision on reopening the US embassy in Yemen - shut for two days due to what it described as al Qaeda threats - would be taken 'as conditions permit'.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village