Yemen situation 'global threat'
Washington, January 5, 2010
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the situation in Yemen was a threat to both regional and global stability.
'We see global implications from the war in Yemen and the ongoing efforts by al Qaeda in Yemen to use it as a base for terrorist attacks far beyond the region,' Clinton said after a meeting with the visiting prime minister of Qatar.
Clinton said a decision on reopening the US embassy in Yemen - shut for two days due to what it described as al Qaeda threats - would be taken 'as conditions permit'.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head