Dubai Culture invites submissions for awards
Dubai, January 5, 2010
The Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) is inviting submissions for the first Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards 2010.
The Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Patrons of the Arts Awards honours patrons of the arts from the region, and entries are open to individuals and organisations who have made financial or in kind contributions through sustained support to visual arts, performing arts, literature and film during 2007 to 2009.
“For the first time in the region, Dubai is taking the lead in identifying and honouring patrons of the arts, whose support has been incredibly essential in establishing the city as a home to a thriving cultural movement,” said Mishaal Al Gergawi, project and events manager.
Awards will be conferred to the following four categories: ‘Distinguished Patrons of the Arts,’ ‘Patrons of the Arts,’ ‘Supporters of the Arts,’ and ‘Friends of the Arts’.
Application forms and further information are available at www.dubaiculture.ae/paa; the forms can be downloaded until February 15.
The inaugural awards will be presented in March at Art Dubai 2010, the leading contemporary art fair in the region, held annually in Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced