Luxury abayas to go on show
Abu Dhabi, February 11, 2010
Two ultra luxury, stunningly embellished abayas worth a combined Dh200,000 ($54,500) will be unveiled tomorrow (February 12) at The Bride Show Abu Dhabi, a major wedding and fashion event.
The Bride Show Abu Dhabi, organised by IIR Middle East, is taking place at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre until February 13 and offers brides-to-be and her family a one stop shop to planning a wedding.
Designed by UAE national Afra Al Ghafli for Oshia Fashion Design, the abayas feature diamonds, crystals, cultured pearls, turquoise and silver discs, embellishing the natural black silk fabric.
Al Ghafli credits the ‘mother of the UAE nation’ as her inspiration, a woman who taught UAE national women how to be charitable, generous, creative and hard-working.
“We were honoured to learn that Oshia Fashion Design had created the abayas exclusively for The Bride Show Abu Dhabi,” said Lucy Clarke, exhibition director for The Bride Show.
“The catwalk shows are always one of the most popular features of the exhibition and visitors are in for a treat at the finale of the Oshia collection on Friday at 6 pm,” she added.
It has also become a must-attend event for fashion-savvy women in the UAE capital who come to see local and international designers’ latest collections on the catwalk as well as shop for haute couture evening wear, abayas, jewellery, make up, handbags and homewares, Clarke said.
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, anyone who visits The Bride Show Abu Dhabi wearing red on the final day, February 13, will gain free entry, a statement said.
The Bride Show Abu Dhabi has attracted an international line-up of more than 200 exhibitors who are showcasing wedding gowns, international haute couture fashion, beauty, hair and jewellery ideas, wedding venues and honeymoon destinations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain